Shemford Doon basically follows the CBSE syllabi, within which flexibility of methodology and the use of experimental learning systems is encouraged. This approach helps to eliminate the need of learning by memorization and develops a healthy and positive attitude towards learning. The system of evaluation takes into account the individual nature of every child and tries to give an adequate feedback on the student’s learning, without putting undue pressure on him/her. As the child progresses through the classes, the assessment is gradually modified to prepare him/her for external tests and competitive exams.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR ADMISSION
For K.G: Age should be 4+ years as on 31st March of the year of admission.
Grade 1: Age should be 5+ years on 31st March of the year of admission.
There is no written admission test for classes KG & I. Admission is offered on the basis of an informal interaction/interview. For Grade II onwards, aspiring students are expected to face an interview & also take a written test.
The test will be held for English, Hindi, Mathematics and/or any other subject which may be considered necessary.
(A) The selection of the candidates will depend upon the child’s performance in the test/ interview and availability of seats in the concerned class
(B) Assessment of the child for admission is also based on the following factors:-
- Academic readiness and motivation.
- Social and emotional development.
- Family co-operation in working with the school and meeting the needs of the students
- Ability of the school to serve the needs of the child
(C)The date of the result and the interview & the last date for the submission of fee will be specified at the time of the test/interview
(D)Based on the Admission Test and other criteria, the School reserves the right to admit any student who is found fit for admission or refuse admission without assigning any reason. For all matters related to admissions, the decision of the School Head/Management shall be final.
Students offered admission are required to submit the following documents along with their Admission Form:
- 4 Passport Size Photographs & 1 of each parent, duly affixed on the form.
- Original Transfer Certificate from previous School, which should be a recognized School, affiliated to the CBSE or ICSE Board or State Board of Education. Transfer certificate should be countersigned by the DEO if the child is transferred from other States.
- A Medical Certificate from a qualified registered doctor, showing the record of vaccination/immunization etc. as well as mention of any particular ailment or health condition about which school ought to know, will also be required to be submitted at the time of admission.
Apart from the above mentioned documents, attested photocopies of the following documents, together with originals, will have to be shown for verification. Originals will be returned to parents after the completion of the process:-
- Birth Certificate issued by MCD/ Civic Authorities.
- Evidence of passing the last class or promotion to the present class.
- Proof of residence of the child (Ration Card/ voter’s ID/Passport).
- Aadhaar Card.
Admission Form & Brochure can be collected from the school reception or the front office
The School has its own fleet of buses to transport its students to and from the school. The bus routes cover almost the entire town and more buses are being added as and when required. All the buses are new, completely roadworthy and comfortable for the students to travel with. The buses are equipped with CCTV and GPRS facility.
In keeping with the School’s commitment to ensure the safety and security of every child, the School has drivers and conductors in every bus. In addition, the School has appointed Bus Hostesses for all its buses with the express purpose of taking care of every child from the time he/she boards the bus to the time of disembarking.